i haven’t figured out which recipe I am going to submit yet… but it will be good for sure!
Here are the rules:
Follow the rules and you could win $25,000!
Send us your ideas about what you think tastes great between two slices of bread-or for that matter, on top of one. You could win $25,000 and a trip to Napa Valley for two.
And of course, bragging rights as the creator of the best sandwich in the land.
Mezzetta Make That Sandwich™ Contest Official Rules 2010
1. Entry rules: No purchase necessary to enter. You can enter either online OR by mail between May 31, 2010 and September 6, 2010. Early and late entries will not be considered. Each recipe must be submitted by an individual, not by a couple or a team. There is no limit on the number of recipes you may submit or to the number of contest categories.
To enter online, log on to http://www.mezzetta.com and look for the Contest entry icon. Fill in the entry form, including your original recipe, and follow the on screen directions to submit. Online entries must be submitted between Noon PST on May 31, 2010, and Noon PST on September 6, 2010.
To enter by U.S. postal mail, type or print your name, complete address, and telephone number at the top of an 8 1/2 x 11-inch piece of paper (smaller-sized paper or cards will be disqualified). On the same page, type the category that you are entering: “Hot Sandwich” or “Cold Sandwich” or “Vegetarian Sandwich”, followed by your name and recipe in accordance with the Contest Guidelines (see above), using double-space. If necessary, use a second page of the same dimensions and staple the two pages together (unstapled or paper-clipped recipes will be disqualified). Mail to: MAKE THAT SANDWICH™ CONTEST, G.L. Mezzetta Inc., 105 Mezzetta Court, American Canyon, CA 94503. All mail entries must be received via the U.S. Postal Service. Faxes, Federal Express, UPS or any other form of delivery will not qualify as a valid entry. All entries must be postmarked no earlier than May 31, 2010, and be received at the mailing address above by September 6, 2010.
Address and phone number will be used only to contact you about the entry. In case of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the entry will be accepted or rejected at the sole absolute discretion of G.L. Mezzetta Inc.
2. Eligibility: The contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada, age 18 years or older. Employees of G.L. Mezzetta, Inc., retailers and wholesalers of G.L. Mezzetta products, and any other company involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of the promotion, and their immediate families are not eligible. Immediate families include spouses, parents, children, or any other household members. Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local rules and regulations apply. Professional chefs (someone who derives more than 75% of their income employed in the culinary arts as a chef) are ineligible to enter for the $25,000 prize.
3. Categories: Recipes may be submitted in three categories: Cold Sandwich, Hot Sandwich or Vegetarian Sandwich.
4. Contest Guidelines: Recipes must use at least two (or more) of the following products: Mezzetta® Brand (specialty peppers, olives and gourmet foods), Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced (sliced specialty peppers), Napa Valley Bistro® (specialty pasta sauces and olives) or Kona Coast® (teriyaki and BBQ sauces).
All sandwiches must be served on bread products such as rolls, buns, wraps, biscuits, sliced bread, focaccia, etc. Sandwiches may include any combination of ingredients; in the Vegetarian category, the ingredients must exclude meat and fish, but may contain vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds, egg and dairy products.
Each submitted recipe must be original and include the name of the recipe, readily available ingredients (found in most well-stocked supermarkets), standard U.S. measurements, and be written to make four sandwiches. Each ingredient, including the bread product and all other elements, must be listed in the exact order of use, followed by complete, step-by-step, cooking instructions, including cooking times, for preparation.
The recipe must not have been previously published or have won another award, and the right to submit it must not be restricted in any way. Submission of a recipe is a warranty that the contestant owns all copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the recipe and constitutes an assignment of these rights to G.L. Mezzetta Inc. G.L. Mezzetta will not be held liable for any copyright infringements or any prior exclusivity rights to any recipe submitted.
5. Judging: The following guidelines will be used:
– Creative Use of Ingredients
– Ease of Preparation
– Visual Appeal
Recipes that do not follow contest rules will be disqualified. Qualified recipes in each category will be reviewed by a panel of food professionals assigned by G.L. Mezzetta, who will select the top entries. The decisions of the judges are final and binding.
6. Winners Selection: Three Finalists (one in each category) will be selected by the Judging Panel. One Grand Prize Winner will be selected by the Judging Panel from the Three Finalists.
The two Finalists and one Grand Prize Winner will be notified by September 14, 2010. Limit of one winner per household.
G.L. Mezzetta will provide round-trip coach airfare for the Grand Prize Winner and a guest from the gateway city nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s home to a major airport near Napa Valley and accommodations for three nights (double occupancy). In addition, Sponsors will provide $100.00 in American Express Gift Checks towards car rental expense to and from the airport and Napa Valley and $400.00 in American Express Gift Checks for meals and miscellaneous expenses. The value of the trip will be determined by the Finalist’s geographic location, but is approximately $2,500. All expenses not specifically outlined herein are the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize Winner must be available to travel between September 24, 2010 and November 15, 2010. Grand Prize Winner may be required to appear for photo opportunities and/or public relations events to demo the winning sandwich on behalf of G.L. Mezzetta.
7. Make That Sandwich™ Contest Prizes: The Judging Panel will select:
(1) A Grand Prize Winner who will receive a cash prize of $25,000 plus trip to Napa Valley.
(2) Two finalists who will receive a cash prize of $1,000.
Total Make That Sandwich™ Contest cash prize awards: $27,000 (Twenty-seven Thousand Dollars) Value of trip is approximately $2,500.00.
No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except at the discretion of G.L. Mezzetta, Inc. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and Finalists.
8. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules. All entries become the property of G.L. Mezzetta Inc. and will not be returned. Finalists will be required to execute documents of eligibility, release from liability, and transfer of their winning recipes. By entering the contest, all participants consent to the commercial use of their names, pictures, likenesses, and recipes (with rights to edit or adapt those recipes) without further compensation. By entering, participants release and hold harmless G.L. Mezzetta Inc, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, and the Judging Panel from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest or any prize won. G.L. Mezzetta and its agents are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention, phone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures, malfunctions or disconnects of any kind, or misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled, fragmented or delayed internet/e-mail computer transmissions or network/ISP/website internet accessibility; or for inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete capture of entry information.
9. Requests: To receive contest rules visit our website at http://www.mezzetta.com or write: Make That Sandwich™ Contest, 105 Mezzetta Court, American Canyon, CA 94503.
For recipes and a list of winners, visit our website at http://www.mezzetta.com after September 24, 2010.
Telephone requests for rules, winners’ list, and recipes cannot be accommodated.Put it in there!
©2010 G.L. Mezzetta Inc. American Canyon,
Copyright © 2010 Make That Sandwich™ and Mezzetta Foods. http://www.mezzetta.com | Home – FAQ – Rules – Mezzetta Nation | a FINE site